Home | Terms of Use | Disclaimer | Copyright | Sitemap

Lemesos (Limassol) District Museum

The Archaeological Museum in Lemesos (Limassol) was founded in 1948 and was initially housed in a section of the Lemesos Castle. During the conflicts of 1964 it remained closed as it was handed over to the National Guard. Construction activities for the new modern Museum began in 1972.

The new exhibition was organised in March 1975, under extremely difficult circumstances related to the recent Turkish invasion of the island.

Source: Department of Antiquities - Cyprus

© 2012 - 2016 The Maingate of Cyprus - www.larnaca-airport.info - www.larnaka-airport.info - All rights reserved.